Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Appearances and Release Date

Normally I don't complain too much about undocumented changes in patches and/or expansions. I just have to say how disappointed I am in the change to the 'Warlock Leather' armor appearance. The changing of previously bare portions to a dark fabric really throws the entire previous look into disarray. I don't even want to post a before/after shot of Anziath up because it really just turns my stomach to look.

This completely destroys the look I was going for when I designed the character and his respective armor set. Granted, his look will change in subsequent modules, but for Ruins of Kazatharis, his appearance is ruined. Not a happy camper with the rampant retro-censorship at work here.

On a lighter note, I have set a hard release deadline for myself for Sands of Solvheil II: Beneath the Hearleforne. I am aiming to get this module finished, tested, and ready for release by February 2008. This will allow me ample time to continue work on the third module and have it complete well before the two year anniversary of the NWN2 release.

I began importing most of the content from the mini-modules I use for development into a master module, and can now see the entire project taking form. Again, I could spend years on Evertide alone and the endless adventure opportunities yielded by such a medieval metropolis. For the sake of the story though I will have to narrow my focus as there is quite a bit of ground to cover with this module and hanging about town just won't do.

No comments:

Design Documents: