Saturday, June 7, 2008

Little Ducks All in a Row

NPCs

Ahh the fun of making NPCs, they aren't dolls damn you, they are action figures. One of the more interesting aspects of module development outside of area design is crafting the various NPCs. While this is sometimes a time consuming activity having to make sure that factions, skills, feats, names, etc all mesh up, it allows for quite a bit of creative flexibility in designing the look and armor for each. That's right, eat your heart out Vera Wang.

Anyhow, here is a quick glimpse of some of the NPCs that will be featured in Crusaders of Shalihir. Check out that lion shield from Sunsilks Shield pack. I couldn't have asked for a more fitting model.

1 comment:

EC said...

NPC design can be time-consuming, but it is pretty fun. For a former miniatures painter and tabletop wargamer like myself, its like a dream come true. I've built a drow army for ItFR some time back, and laying out on the field made me feel like I finally had the army I never could have in lead format.

Nice job on those blueprints by the way. I like the very tamely colored clothing. Nothing garish here.

Design Documents: