Monday, December 17, 2007

Beta Test Released

From the recently posted thread on the NWN2 Forums:

Solvheil II: Beneath the Hearleforne Beta Test
Here is a link to download a beta module of the upcoming installment of the series: Download Beta

While this isn't the complete adventure, it does take you rather far into the story. It is designed for a human character and will set your experience to the non-ecl level of 6. I am trying to discover bugs, hang-ups, confusion, weak dialogue, or other elements that need work before I continue on with the remaining areas.

Feel free to do your worse in trying to buck the system. Tell me if a line of dialogue is too ambiguous, or if you notice something that needs further development.
This module uses Lip Flappers to enable NPCs to lipsync the dialogue. If this isn't working properly and conversations are flying by at an alarming rate, please let me know. I tried to include the wav files within the module file and while it has worked well for me, I want to make sure it is consistent for everyone.

This is a direct continuation of the first module in the series:
Sands of Solvheil I: Ruins of Kazatharis

While completion of the first module isn't required, there are several elements from it mentioned within this story.

Many thanks to anyone who gives this a whirl and provides me with their feedback. Only though beta tests such as this can I deliver the best possible end result.

Feedback can be provided either via PM on the NWN2 Forums, or within the above linked forum thread.

No comments:

Design Documents: