Monday, December 10, 2007

Beta Release Soon

Another productive weekend behind me, and I see a good possibility of releasing an at least partial beta-test very soon. I want to go ahead and finish the core path all the way to juuuust about the end before doing so. During the beta, I can finish up some of the more ancillary items such as companion casual dialogue, commoner banter, and other side items.

I am so very thankful for the walkmesh helper that has really made so much possible. From guards posted atop walls, to actually using the dirt mounds as a dias, it's really handy to be able to manipulate your NPC placement. I've done more baking this weekend then a grandmother on thanksgiving morning.

I did quite a bit of area light tweaking as well. It all started with adjustment of fog levels to get the correct visibilty in the forest areas. I then started to play around with the ground and skylight values as well to create, what I think, are more realistic looking areas. I may just go back and do some additional adjustments in the city areas of Evertide as well, but I will shelf for that later.

No comments:

Design Documents: