Monday, April 6, 2009

Stringing it all together

Well I dove right back in and started tying some knots. I have the first third of the module completed (minus encounter balancing) with corresponding conversations, cutscenes, and journal entries.

Feels good to get some real progress and look ahead to the other major chunks. There are some rather intense encounters coming up and of course the final few battles will require some real cutscene magic.

I avoided making another interior for Anziath's prison and ended up using a vacant room in the Tahamman palace. Love it when I don't have to add bloat as this thing is getting up there in size.

I have some sidequests jotted down and have for awhile. I want to get the main storyline complete before I go back and add these optional quests in. I promise I won't get itchy and release it without at least a few of them.

Don't think that I haven't the foggiest clue that my modules are rather linear and play like an interactive book. That always was their intention. I do want to add a bit of the old distraction from the overall arc.

I'm not 100% on my encounter building abilities. I know the where's and what's, but juggling the numbers has always been a challenge. For now I am just adding in the placeholder creatures without too much tweaking. Hopefully I will be able to find someone to help me make sure it all balances out right.

No comments:

Design Documents: