Sunday, January 31, 2010

Screenshots: Jungles of Sampeatos

Here are some in-progress shots of a jungle area for BTSP. I know, I know, what the heck is a jungle area doing in a module about classic horror? Well, that's a little twist of the story that I am currently working on getting out of my head and into the design document.

One of the hardest parts of the process is to take the fluid ideas and solidify them on paper so it is easily understandable to someone who isn't privy to telepathy. It also helps me keep things straight as well. While I know I want A, B, and C events to occur and I want to include areas 1, 2, and 3; it helps to keep the critical path of the story organized to help tie it al together.

I'm going to call this area almost finished. While I would like to be done with plopping trees down, I am far from finished with foliage. I am still currently creating the Shivering Pines forest, and have yet to begin a small area in Dalreon's Great Forest.

Oh, did I mention that I still have the overwhelming urge to do an Asian themed mod sometime soon as well? Will I be able to keep my concentration on one thing at a time? Probably not.


3 comments:

Jclef said...

Nice work, Raith - The texturing and foliage placement look both well done there!

Kamal said...

Banshe and Kurogo are hot to do an asian themed mod. See http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=714378&forum=111

Maybe the three of you could get together for something. Kurogo has a lot of not yet released Japanese style content, including tilesets.

I'm personally a fan of non traditional settings, so it would be something I was interested in seeing.

Raith Veldrin said...

Thank you sirs,

I may just check out that asian themed mod on the forums. I have to be careful about suffering from my age old condition of wanting it all at once.

Design Documents: